Asheville is located a short 30 minute drive from our cabins in Saluda. There are so many things to do in Asheville, from shopping, nightlife, arts and entertainment to viewing wildlife, outdoor activites and family fun. For a list of outdoor activites to do in Asheville, please visit www.ashevilleoutdoorcenter.com
Top 20 Asheville NC Things to Do
1. Biltmore Estate: Spend the day on the grand estate with America’s largest castle, Asheville’s Downton Abbey!
2. Blue Ridge Parkway: Drive one of the top ten scenic drives in the country for breathtaking scenery, attractions and picnic spots.
3 Waterfalls: Discover the many waterfalls, most in state and federal parks with no admission fee.
4. Hikes: Take a hike to appreciate the natural mountain splendor with options for all fitness levels.
5. Downtown Asheville: Explore the hundreds of local shops, 50 restaurants, galleries, antiques and many festivals.
6. Lodging: Stay in one of our secluded cabins at Cabin Fever.
7. Fall Color: You will find the best autumn colors in North Carolina mountains.
8. Restaurants: Savor delicious culinary scene with many farm-to-table, locally owned restaurants and world-class dining.
9. DuPont State Forest: Hike to waterfalls and see the film locations of The Hunger Games.
10. Sliding Rock: Ride down this natural waterslide in the Pisgah National Forest.
11. Events: Attend a variety of festivals, concerts, theatre and more!
12. Mt Mitchell: Drive to the top of the highest mountain in the eastern United States.
13. Great Smoky Mountains: Explore the most visited and beautiful national park in the country.
14. The Hunger Games: Find the film locations near Asheville.
15. Graveyard Fields: This popular stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway features a highland meadow with waterfalls and great hiking.
16. Beer: Toast to Beer City USA with 20 craft breweries in western North Carolina.
17. Zip Line & Whitewater Rafting: There are many options for canopy tours and rafting/kayaking down one of the many rivers. For white water rafting, we recommend Blue Heron Whitewater.
18. Chimney Rock: See the views of Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge from the famous rock formation.
19. Art: Discover amazing creations in hundreds of galleries, artist studios, art festivals, shows and tours.
20. Linville Falls: Hike to spectacular views of this waterfall in Linville Gorge.
You can do it all within a short distance from Cabin Fever!!